One of the aims of Wildtracks Travel is to heighten awareness of the importance of conserving our natural environment. As part of that process we try to ensure that all of tours are run in a responsible and sustainable fashion. We do this by:
- Travelling in small groups to minimise disturbance to wildlife;
- Avoiding sensitive species and habitats at certain times of the year;
- Using family-run accommodation and local restaurants and employing local guides, boat operators etc to support local economies;
- Minimising the use of plastics and paper, both on our tours and in our office;
- Offsetting the carbon miles of our tour leaders with the World Land Trust and encouraging our guests to do the same.
As tourism becomes a truly global industry, we recognise our obligation to operate our tours in a responsible and sustainable fashion. We view this not only as an environmental issue but an economic and social one as well. Above all we are committed to the well-being of the communities that are our hosts and the natural environment that we are there to experience. We also believe that by following these policies we can provide a more rewarding and interesting experience to you our clients. The following are the key points in our philosophy:
- Small groups have less impact on local communities and environments.
- Where possible we believe in putting money directly into the communities we visit by using locally owned and run accommodation and eating locally produced food.
- We are careful to ensure that local staff and operators receive a fair rate for their services.
- We encourage our own staff to take an active interest in responsible and sustainable tourism and train them accordingly so that they can put our policies into practice.
- We endeavour to ensure that our practices help in the environmental conservation of the areas we visit.
- We provide our clients with advice and guidelines on how to respect the social, cultural and religious beliefs of local communities.